Friday, June 6, 2014

Blog With Me


Peter Merholz is credited with coining the phrase, “blog” by splitting the word “weblog” into “we blog”.   Have you ever tried your hand at blogging?   It’s a fun exercise and gives you the opportunity to toss your thoughts into cyberspace.     I am surprised by the comments I receive about my blog from all over the country.   The nice thing is that the comments are always positive and thoughtful and make me think.  I guess it is true, “you just never know how far your words (or blog) will travel.”

Since summer is poking its head around the corner, I will be taking a respite from blog writing until September 1, when I hope to have a fresh kettle of thoughts and observations to share.  In the meantime, I would like to keep my blog alive by inviting other members of the Sardis staff and YOU to be one of my summer guest bloggers!

I have recruited Nikki Livingston, our Director of Communications, and she will be at the helm this summer setting this all up.   Here is how it works:



Visit the sign-up site here, and pick what week you would like to blog. Click the check box by the week you want, then on the bottom of the screen click on “Submit and Sign Up.”  You will be asked to fill in your information.  When you are finished, click on “Sign Up Now” at the bottom. Then start writing! Submit your blog post along with a short bio and picture to Nikki Livingston at nikki.livingston@sardis.org . You can also email Nikki to find available weeks or for any questions.




I hope you will take me up on my offer and treat all of us with some of your musings about life and faith.   So what do you think?  Will you be my guest?

No comments:

Post a Comment