Friday, January 2, 2015

"A New Year"

I don’t know how you rang in the New Year, but however you greeted 2015 I hope you welcomed it with a prayer. As we journey into this new year, I want to share with you one of my favorite prayers.  Perhaps you will find it speaks to you, as it does to me.

I wish I knew who wrote it, but the author is anonymous, and that leaves room for us to make it our own.

A NEW YEAR PRAYER
Dear Lord, Please give me
A few friends who understand me and remain my friends;
A work to do which has real value, without which the world would be the poorer;
A mind unafraid to travel, even though the trail be not blazed;
An understanding heart;
A sense of humor;
Time for quiet, silent meditation;
A feeling of the presence of God;
The patience to wait for the coming of these things,
With the wisdom to recognize them when they come. Amen.


God bless you in this new and wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment