Thursday, September 3, 2015

Guest Post: "Let Go and Say Yes"



I don’t want to admit I’m a control freak, but I am. My husband will tell you- I’m the worst passenger to have in the car. When we drive anywhere together and he’s the one behind the wheel, I’ve got one hand on the door, one hand gripping the seat and my eyes closed. I constantly tell him he drives too fast, too close to other cars, and so on. When I’m the one driving though, I do the same things I accuse him of.  It’s okay for me though, because I’m in control. My poor hubby!

When I feel like I’m in control, I feel like I can take on anything and handle everything that comes my way. All will be just fine if I’m in control. What I forget though, is that I’m not the one who is supposed to be in control. God is. It is daily that I forget He is the one I’m supposed to listen to. I forget that if I let go and give it to Him, all will be just fine and even better. I forget that I’m supposed to say yes to God and trust Him. Sure, I tell other folks to let go and remind them God has a plan, but I don’t even follow my own advice ninety percent of the time.

There are plenty of folks in the Bible, like Mary, Noah and Moses just to mention a few, that made it seem so easy to let go and say yes to God. What would have happened if they had said no? There are so many times when I feel God encouraging me and I ignore Him. Why do I do that?  Why can’t I just simply say “yes”? It’s something I know I’ve got to work on. I know that when I do say yes, my life is so much better. It reminds me that God gave us free will. Giving God control of my life reminds me that He is the most important thing. Some days it’s easier to let go of the control than others, but I know I can do it as long as I remember, as long as I pray and say “yes” to God.

I hope if you’re a control freak like me, you’ll remember to let go & say “yes”!

For in him every one of God’s promises is a “Yes”…   2 Corinthians 1:20





Danelle is Sardis’ front desk receptionist.  She lives in Matthews with her husband, Mark, and two children, Sam 15 & Sophie 11.  She is originally from Erie, PA and has been in the Charlotte area for almost 20 years.  Danelle is an active member at Matthews UMC.  She enjoys teaching Sunday School and volunteering with youth.  She loves to spend time at the White Water Center with her family and she considers herself the biggest Chicago Bears fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment