Friday, November 20, 2015

"Love In Action"



When a wedding is portrayed in a movie, inevitably I Corinthians 13 is read. You know that passage; “Love is patient and kind, love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” 

When I reached 1300 weddings over which I presided, I quit counting! I enjoy doing weddings.  Something always happens that makes each wedding unique and memorable. Yes, I enjoy reading from I Corinthians 13, the love chapter, at weddings. It has taught me four important truths:
1.       Love is essential, not optional.
2.       Love is a demonstration, not an inclination.
3.       Love is a magnet that draws us together, not a wall that keeps us apart.
4.       Love is a long-term investment, not a quick return loan.

One other insight regarding I Corinthian 13: This chapter is not a definition of love but rather a description of love in action.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment