Friday, October 6, 2017

"Every Human Is Unique"

I really believe that every human being is unique. There is no one else exactly like you. Your DNA says that. Your fingerprints say that!

Psalm 139 is one of my favorites. Without hesitation, the Psalmist affirms that God is omniscient. God knows us. Could it be that you are irreplaceable? We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Verses 13 and 14 make the point, “For it was you who formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well.

God formed you in your mother’s womb. The Hebrew word for this concept is “embroidering”. It suggests you were sewn together by the hand of the Lord. Through the cross of Calvary, we were bought with a price for a redemptive purpose.

God has given us life – the ability to develop our potential and use it creatively. Could it be that even our strengths and weaknesses do not surprise God? In spite of bad choices, laziness and sin, the Savior is up for giving us another chance, another opportunity to pick up the pieces and go on. That allows us to embrace humility. God loves us enough to correct us and not reject us.

The hinge of history says that the love of Jesus Christ will not let us go, is not diminished and does not give up on us.

I Corinthians 13:13 puts life in proper perspective, “Faith, Hope and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment