Friday, May 1, 2015
Over the years I have been a homiletical pack-rat, collecting articles, stories, and anything else that I know “might preach.” I am starting to clean house in my office and in the process I came across this piece that I had tucked away in one of my old Bibles. I am glad I found it so I can share it with you!
I hope you will keep these little verse of scripture handy. There may be a time, now or in the future, when you ask the question Zedekiah asked Jeremiah long ago , “ Is there any word from the Lord?” -Jeremiah 37:17-
Bible Reading Tips
1. When you are in trouble or sorrow, read John 14; Psalm 46.
2. When you worry, read Matt. 6:19-34.
3. When you have the blues; read Psalm 91.
4. When God seems far away, read Psalm 139.
5. When you want rest and peace, read Matt. 11:25-30.
6. When in sickness, read James 5:7-30; Psalm 41.
7. When in danger, read Luke 8:22-25; Psalm 91.
8. When others fail you, read I Peter 5:7; Psalm 23.
9. When lonely or fearful, read Matt. 6:25-34; 11:28-30.
10. When discouraged or tempted, read Isa 40; Cor. 10:13.
11. When you have sinned, read I John 1:8-9; Heb. 7:25.
12. When you forget your blessings; read Psalm 103.
13. When your faith seems failing, read Heb 11.
14. When you want courage, read 2 Cor. 12:9.
15. When looking for happiness, read Col. 3:12-17.
16. When leaving home for travel, read Psalm 121.
17. When you grow bitter or critical, read I Cor. 13.
18. If not a Christian, read John 3:16; Matt. 10:32-33; 22:35-40; 25:31-46; Rom. 10:9-13; Ephes. 2:8-9.
“Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” -Psalm119: 105-