- When did I give and receive the most love today?
- When did I give and receive the least love today?
- When did I feel the most alive today?
- When did I feel life draining out of me?
- When today did I have the greatest sense of belonging to myself, others, God and the universe?
- When did I have the least sense of belonging?
- When was I happiest today?
- When was I saddest?
- What was today’s high point?
- What was today’s low point?
Friday, August 26, 2016
They call it an Inspiration Log. I do not know the source but it sure has proven helpful for me. The intent is to do some reflective homework. It challenges me to filter out the most life-giving inspirational moments in a day and the most life-draining moments in a day. This exercise helped me sense God’s presence in any given day. It provoked me to assess the investments I make daily.
Demands some reflection, doesn’t it? I urge you to talk about these with your spouse, children, family, friends or significant other. I dare to believe that will be an interesting conversation.