Wednesday, May 31, 2017

"Visit to the Holy Land"



My first visit to the Holy Land was in 1964. I know, that sounds like ancient history. Fortunately, I have made many such trips since. What has it done for me? When I read the Bible I can visualize all those geographical settings and names. There are over twenty-five thousand sites mentioned in the Bible that archeologists have explored. My visits to Jordan and Israel have made the Scriptures credible. Names like the Jordan River, Tiberias, Sea of Galilee, Jericho, Jerusalem, the Dead Sea, Masada, Qumrum, the Mount of Olives, Gethsemane, and Bethlehem all come alive.

No, I am not leading a Holy Land trip this year. However, my Presbyterian pastor friend, Dr. Jay Coker, Interim Pastor at Mallard Creek Presbyterian, is! He has led numerous tours of the Holy Land. This is a first-class trip, November 27 through December 6, 2017.  If you are interested, I can assure you Jay (910-818-9535) or his wife, Sharon (910-309-0177), can give you the details. I recommend these folks to you without any hesitation.

This educational tour will be loaded with inspiration as well. This adventure is worthy of your consideration. If this is on your bucket list, check it out!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment