Tuesday, March 22, 2016

"He Died for You. He Rose for You."

I was in Houston when the Enron Corporation imploded.  I knew Ken Lay, the Chairman and CEO of that billion-dollar corporation.  Fortune called Enron, “America’s Most Innovative Company.”  December 2, 2001, Enron  filed for the largest Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the history of the United States.  The trust of thousands of employees and shareholders was violated.

We all deal with trust issues. Human fallibility is real. Our culture is permeated with mistrust. Ask anyone if they trust the IRS?  The answer is a quick but declarative NO!  The tax code is now ten times the size of your Bible.

Leadership needs the context of trust. Trustworthy leaders ooze integrity, dependability and a desire to communicate. When trust is broken it is difficult to rebuild and takes a long time. As a Christian, it is my obligation to keep my word. If I commit to someone I do my best to avoid betrayal. I want people to know they can count on me. Among your expectations of me is that confidentiality is taken seriously.

Trust is also a Biblical concept.  Proverbs 3 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”  You can trust the Savior.  He died for you.  He rose for you.  He intervenes for you.

Praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment