Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"Amazing Grace!"



Amazement is not foreign to me. God loves surprises! Why else the Incarnation, Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension?

The electronics in my car surprise me. How does Siri keep track of me and keep me on track? I am amazed by the birth of a child. How does the kangaroo’s Joey know how to get to the pouch and the milk source? How do those NFL receivers make those one-handed catches, get pounded and then get up and calmly walk back to the huddle? Wow! That is an inadequate reaction.

Some of the most sensational sunsets I have seen were overlooking the Pacific Ocean – the sun appeared to illuminate in brilliant colors the clouds, the sea and the sky just before sinking into the Pacific. Amazing!

So is God’s grace. Grace is God’s unconditional love for those who don’t deserve it. Amazing grace!
I find the Gospel of Luke amazing. Luke the physician presents many eye witness accounts of miraculous experiences with Jesus. These people were still amazed by what they had witnessed many years earlier. There are at least five Greek words for amazement. Luke is the only gospel writer that uses all five of them.

Stay open to amazement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment