During worship on the 17th, we ordained and installed newly elected elders and deacons. What a privilege to welcome these people into the ministry of Sardis Presbyterian Church!
These leaders are charged with the responsibility of providing spiritual leadership of the congregation. They are to “encourage others to seek and do the will of God.”
What defines an effective spiritual leader?
- A passion to share the good news of God’s grace in Jesus Christ.
- Daily commune with God through the reading of the Bible, reflection and prayer
- Listen for the counsel of the Body of Christ and the Holy Spirit.
- Risk failure.
- Embrace discipline.
- Appreciate others spiritual gifts.
- Welcome creativity and imagination.
- Enjoy the community of faith.
- Practice discernment.
- Be generous and genuine with affirmations.